What You’ll Do:
We are expanding our Specification Sales team. The Specification Sales Representative is responsible for growing our customer base: developing relationships with prospective clients, representing Inter-Lite Sales and our innovative approach to creating solutions for customers, and developing/implementing strategies to secure new projects.
These clients include (but are not limited to) architects, interior design groups, lighting design firms, consulting engineers, developers, and design-build contractor accounts with the stature and staff of a specification design firm.
The role will be responsible for a variety of duties, including:
- Developing a sales strategy and action plan to prospect and acquire new clients
- Developing long-term relationships with clients
- Working with manufacturers to identify sales opportunities and prospects in our market.
- Making technical presentations to demonstrate how products meet clients’ needs
- Assisting with lighting, emergency lighting and lighting control specifications
- Making technical presentations to demonstrate how products meet client needs
- Providing alternate products to meet the intent of a specification
- Organizing and/or hosting product demonstrations, training events, ‘lunch and learns’, new product launches
- Researching options and provide budget requests from manufacturers
- Supporting sales and marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other
- Staying current on new product and service offerings
What You Offer:
At ILS we don’t just sell products – we develop solutions. And it’s more than a catch phrase: we listen carefully to hear the customer’s challenge (need) and understand their vision of a successful outcome before we set ourselves to developing a solution. As a representative of these key drivers, the successful
candidate must be a proven relationship builder as well as knowledgeable about industry standards, leading edge products and technologies and a skilled presenter and closer.
Success in this role also requires:
- Lighting Industry experience with advanced lighting knowledge in commercial applications.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a sales role
- Degree in business or marketing (or similar) as well as/or a strong business acumen.
- Proven interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Organized, proactive and self-motivated
- Results oriented and accountable
- IES or other lighting related courses an asset
- LC, LEED, RID, RAIC or other industry accreditations an asset
- Familiarity with latest codes and ASHRAE regulations for code compliance an asset
- Curiosity and an interest in keeping abreast of new products, technologies and sales strategies
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Interested in being a part of our team? Submit a cover letter and your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and “job application” in the subject line.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.